Studies continue to show that the greatest source of inefficiency for organisations lies in working relationships.
- Employers typically spend a total of 13 days in management and HR time on each disciplinary case and 9 days on each formal grievance submitted. On average employees spend 12 days each year complaining, moaning, criticising and generally off focus (CIPD 2007).
- Only 30% of people are actively engaged at work (Source: Gallup).
- 80% of people leave jobs because of relationship issues and most of those are with their immediate supervisor (Source: Saratoga Institute).
- Managers typically lose 25-30% of their day to unnecessary conflict, argument and misunderstanding (Source: Dana).
- Only 30% of people trust their bosses (Source: McLeod).
- Two thirds of staff feel undervalued at work (Source: Mori).
- Studies consistently show Managers are the greatest source of stress at work.